Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wood planter around pool/section of metal fence? Fence ideas

1. Back To Top    #1

Wood planter around pool/section of metal fence? Fence ideas

I'm having a sunken above ground pool installed next week. I'm on a very tight budget but i'd like to have a fence around the pool to prevent kids from getting in. It doesn't necessarily have to be 4' high, so i'm looking for some ideas. I like the black aluminum fencing but does not fit in my budget.

Right now i'm probably going with black chainlink, but would like something a little better looking. I could build wood planters with tall grasses inside, and I could maybe make a few sections the black metal fence. Has anyone seen wood planters around a pool? I thought about no fence and just having tall grasses as a barrier, but I live in a cold climate so the grasses won't last all year.

Anybody have any budget friendly fence/ barrier ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wood planter around pool/section of metal fence? Fence i

Also, the fence might be somewhat temporary. I might get rid of it when the kids are grown up.

3. Back To Top    #3

Just my two cents, I would be concerned specifically with plantings to mask the fence as it would obscure your visibility into the pool area. With young children this is an imperative. We have a black aluminum estate fence (the fence that does not fit your budget) and we will not allow any towels to hang on the fence for this very reason. We have three young children ages 2-9 and want full line of site on that water at all times.
    29,700 Gallon Vinyl Roman End, Sta-Rite Max-Therm-400HD gas heater, Sta-Rite S7M120 cartridge filter, Pool Pilot DIG-220 SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

We would have a small patio area inside the fence, so we would be able to see them from there. Also the end that faces our patio i would do a fence that you can see through, which can also be seen from the house.
    All along the side is where i'm thinking and in a really narrow lot, we would never be sitting along the side.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

How about pre-assembled fence panels from a big box store? You can get them in vinyl, wood or metal. I would strongly suggest not putting up planters because you have small children and would need to see through the fence.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-4-ft ... /203464358
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_62665-73428-730 ... facetInfo=
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

6. Back To Top    #6

I just did quite a bit like 700 ft , 4x8 panels 4 screws per panel easy install

7. Back To Top    #7

$ 55.00 per panel $10 per post

8. Back To Top    #8

some around the pool, our doggie got hit by car so we did the whole property .