Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Temp Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New Temp Pool Owner

I need some help. I recently bought a 15 x 48 intex easy set pool. It comes with a 637R pump. which i am having touble with it was working fine. now it has stopped and I cant get it to work . The breaker has not tripped and i am using the correct voltage? The power cord has a test and reset button. I have read and re-read the manual. What are these for? Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New Temp Pool Owner

Welcome to TFP!!!

The cord has a built in GFCI. I take it you have never used a hair dryer before

It may need to be plugged into power when the Reset button is pushed if it has tripped. The Test button is just that, tests the GFCI functionality.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you so much. yes you are correct I have never used a hair dryer!. I have checked the pump on another GFCI outlet and it is in fact not working. Intex C/S was pretty good and I will be getting new pump in a few days. Downfall is I have a pool full of water I will probably have to drain. Not good when you have a water meter and a budget. Is there any way to keep the water decent without a pump?

PS: This site is amazing. its a must for all pool owners!!

Intex 15 x 48 3754 gallon
    Pump 637R 1000 GFCI

4. Back To Top    #4

If it's just going to be a few days you don't need to drain it.. just maintain your FC levels and you should be okay once you can get the water moving again. You can use a skimmer net or leaf rake to "stir up" the pool several times a day and after adding bleach/chlorine.
    Summer Escapes 15'x42" AGP, Intex 14" sand filter, Intex SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks...i will give it a try!