2-way valve on input to pump?

The only reason would be if the pump was below water level and you would need to close it when you wanted to clean the pump basket. OR if you have multiple suction lines, you could either have a 2-way on each or a 3-way to select between the floor and the skimmer (Since this is new, I certainly hope you are running the floor and skimmer to the pad separately).

You signature is not clear if it is an in-ground pool.

Yes, it is an inground and I ran a 2" from the main drain to the pad, a 2" from skimmer 2" to pad and 2" from skimmer 1.5" to pad as a backup. Pump will be slightly below level of water. I will have a 3-way connecting skimmer/main drain feeding into pump.

I was thinking of taking the output from the 3-way, feeding it into a 2-way prior to entering pump.

I know the Pentair valve have a little pin you can pull that allow you to shut off the center port (so no 2-way would be needed because the 3-way could shut it down). But, I am not sure if the Jandy valves are as easy or if you have to cut off or modify the stops.

jblizzle said:
I know the Pentair valve have a little pin you can pull that allow you to shut off the center port (so no 2-way would be needed because the 3-way could shut it down). But, I am not sure if the Jandy valves are as easy or if you have to cut off or modify the stops.

Hmmm, it is a hard plastic stop. I could file it down. I wonder though if that is more risky/hard than putting in a 2-way. I already have extra 2-ways.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.