Ground cover

We used 4mil black plastic under ours, but we did put down two layers of it, in addition to the blue intex tarp.

It's only been up for a month or so, so I can't speak for long term success. I guess it would depend on what sort of ground you are putting it on and how smooth or rough it is. Also if you have any grass species that will try to grow through it...

I use an old pool bottom and a tarp under my Intex. This year I also put sand under the edge of the pool after it was set up and filled. Last year I got quite a few leaks in the pool and they were all on the floor near the wall of the pool. I think that pebbles can get knocked under the pool around the edges and the rocking of the pool wears small pin holes in the bottom of the liner. I used 4 50lb bags of sand and stuffed it all around the edge of the pool. We had 2" of rain the other night and the sand didn't get washed away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.