Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Display Screen went blank

1. Back To Top    #1

Display Screen went blank

We have a Autopilot Digital SWG. Just noticed the display screen is blank and the check system red light is blinking. The pool place says it is either a circuit board or some other board that ranges from $399 - $699. Is there any way for me to check this myself and could it be something as minor as a blown fuse?

2. Back To Top    #2

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Display Screen went blank

It's the top control board, pn# 833. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting the wire harness. While you have the wire harness off, check the wires to make sure none have dislodged from the connector.
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks - Will check that.

4. Back To Top    #4

What if I don't have the money to replace this board right now? What would I need to do to keep my water clear? Since now it is not producing chlorine?

5. Back To Top    #5

Same problem here. Unless I'm mistaken, it will still produce chlorine but you just don't have the display to show your settings. Maybe Poolsean can verify that. Mine went out for a few days, came back on for a few hours then went back out and hasn't been on for 5 or 6 days. Still have a nice chlorine level though.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Lakeland, FL

take a sample of water right near the return, or directly from the return, compare the FC level to the rest of the pool. If the sample measurement from the return is higher than the rest of the pool you can say it's working.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida