Intex SWG inground pool install

crbelt

Jun 18, 2013
I just bought a house with a pool - my best estimate is 17000-19000 gallons. I have a wisperflow/extreme e 1.5 hp pump with a 24'' hayward sand filter. I just installed the filter. I have been reading multiple post involving the intex setup, but have not found any definitive answers involving the setup for an inground pool. I have had pools my entire life- my parents recently converted to salt and swear by it. But I am not in the market for a $1000+ setup. This seems like a cost effective option. I have a couple of questions. I am not too concerned about the actual plumbing aspect.
My first question is do I need two units for this size pool? If so a diagram would be great. I am in south Louisiana so without the correct chlorine in gets green quick. Second, do they consume that much power? Some post and reviews mention high electric bills - Is it really a concern? What else do I need to be aware of? Thanks in advance. Really glad I found the forum.

I think I've got my intex one dialed in just about right @ 5 hrs a day for a ~7000ish gallon agp. You may need 3-4x more runtime than me or 2x units but I'm new to the swcg stuff as of 2 weeks ago.

I did measure power usage with a kill-a-watt and it draws 1a/120watt when running. 5hrs = .6 KWHR and a kwhr costs 10 cents so about $0.06/day for me.

If you have to run your pump a lot more than normal to utilize the swcg that's obviously going to cost a lot more in eletrixity than the swcg itself though. 1.5hp probably at least 1200 watts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.