Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help choosing a liner...

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help choosing a liner...

PB gave me books for 2 manufacturers--GLI and Pegasus. Thinking of going tan (any negatives to that?). Pegasus has only one and it's more grey and I don't really like it that much (1st image). I just read on here that someone put them in their large jetted tub and I might do that. Any other suggestions on choosing a vinyl liner? Will the back color of the liner make any difference (i.e., blue vs. white vs. tan background)? I've read that darker color liners raise the temp by an average of 7 degrees.

TIA for any guidance.

36K gal (40 X 20), IG vinyl w/AC, Hayward single speed Super Pump 1hp, Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 120 sq ft cartridge filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG
    TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin Supreme robot
    Cleveland, OH

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help choosing a liner...

I went dark blue and am very pleased with it! Water always looks crystal clear, but that might just be b/c of the BBB method. I almost went tan as well, but I'm happy with my choice. If you do tan, please post pictures... I'll need another liner in 10 years or so!
    17'x36' Freeform (Omni/Gemini shape) Polymer Vinyl Liner Pool; Made by Hydra Pools; 6' Water Depth; Cantilever Concrete Stamped Coping; 8' Radius White Step; 8' White Cozy Cove with 6 Jets; 1.5 HP Pentair Whisperflow 2-Speed Pump; Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 Cartridge Filter; Kreepy Krauly Legend Pool Sweep; 2 Skimmers; 4 Returns; 2" Rigid PVC; Pentair 5G LED Light; Pacific Ultra Mesh Safety Cover; Pentair Intellichlor IC 40; 3 Deck Jets