Conversion Started! Last night 8:30pm, FC Test question

Jun 14, 2013
Portland, Or
I started my conversion last night at 8:30pm. I added the correct amount of 8.25% Bleach from the pool calculator. I waited an hour and a half then tested my FC with a Taylor 2006. This is where the questions start:

1- When I first tested I had to add about 4 scoops of the powder into the 10ml test kit and it only turned a light shade of pink (not the dark shade I see on the testing videos). Then when I added the reagents It look over 30 drops and it would only stay clear for a second or two. So I called it good for the night.

2-6:30 this morning I test for FC and I put 4 big scoops of the poweder into 10ml of pool water and nothing just clear water. Does that mean that I have no FC?

Thanks in advance,

The Sad Pool Boy

Yes, you have no FC. You should only use one scoop...... VERY VERY rarely two are required....never more.

If you are going to convert, get your FC up to the correct level and keep it there with constant testing and replenishment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.