Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I have 2 drains with ribs that tend to trap small acorns. My Aquabot will pull ones out that are "loose", but I have to swim down and pull 2 or 3 out at a time with a screwdriver to get them all (not fun after 4 or 5 dives). Does anyone make a snap-on drain cover with a finer mesh? My drain (with 3 or 4 acorns):
PoolDrain.jpg

Did the pool and Aquabot both come with the house? Maybe the previous owner removed the covers so the Aquabot wouldn't get stuck on the bottom drain. Something to think about, if you add covers the Aquabot will get stuck. Then you will need 2 Polaris Unicovers to prevent this. Maybe the acorns aren't so bad. Or maybe just put the Polaris Unicover over what you have.

I did a little digging, looks like this is a fairly typical drain cover (although appears to have a recall on it). Not recalled if there is more than 1 drain, I have 2. They are almost flush with the bottom with matching pebble finish, so I doubt there is another cover. My Aquabot is new and travels right over them. I'm sure almost anything I'd put over it would cause Aquabot problems. I was thinking more like a thin grid of some sort - just an .06" thick piece of plastic mesh that would snap over.

I was about to post back and say the same thing. I found it is a common drain design once I looked. (http://www.aqua-man.com/itemMatrix_all. ... Code=M5577). At first I thought it was odd with the exposed screws. Mine has screws under a snap on cover. I think your Aquabot is able to get over these drains because they are low profile. Adding something to them may or may not cause your Aquabot to get stuck. The Polaris Unicover would solve your acorn problem and not cause any Aquabot problems. It is an easy set on install but it is pricey. Also do a search on ebay for "pool main drain covers" for lots of options.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.