Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reassembling Hayward EC65

1. Back To Top    #1

Reassembling Hayward EC65

Hey all,

Planning on taking apart the filter to check and clean. Been noticing some DE accumulating on the pool floor around the return jets and the pressure is running a little lower than normal.

Took it apart two years ago to clean and acid wash and I had a heck of a time putting the cover back on and tightening all those bolts until it stopped leaking.

Anyone have good advice or tips on getting the bolts back on? Would lubing the edges of the cover and the diaphragm gasket help?

Also is there anything else I should replace while i'm in the there? Do you replace the gasket regularly or only when its worn out?

As far as keeping the pool clean, the filter has been working great and my water pretty clear. Hate having to take it apart now, but I guess it has to be done!

Thanks in advance!
    22,700 gallon, 18x36 Vinyl IG - Hayward EC65 Perflex DE Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reassembling Hayward EC65

Certainly use silicone lubricant on the big gasket, and make sure the edges are clean. Also tighten in a star pattern like tightening the lug nuts on a car wheel.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Great, Thanks for the advice! Hopefully I get it in one shot this time.

4. Back To Top    #4

One more question. Is it necessary to acid wash it if I did it two years ago or will a good rinsing be sufficient?