Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: *NEED FIX* -Gunite Spa Has Stripped PVC Water Feature Flange

1. Back To Top    #1

*NEED FIX* -Gunite Spa Has Stripped PVC Water Feature Flange

I have a customer with a gunite spa that has a pvc fountain/pipe water feature that screws into a plastic/pvc flange at the bottom of the spa floor. The (underwater) flange the pvc fountain pipe screws into is stripped - completely smooth. Can this be re-threaded? Any know fix??? The flange does not look as though it can be removed and replaced with a new flange/plate with new threads. Any ideas?? Thx!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: *NEED FIX* -Gunite Spa Has Stripped PVC Water Feature Fl

Can you get a picture of it, or a model?

If the threads are truly stripped, I doubt that it can just be rethreaded, but maybe. It all depends on how bad it is. You may also be able to bore out the adapter with a Ram-Bit, fitting saver, etc. and glue another one in it's place.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Dave!
    I'm on the property tomorrow AM and will size it up for a Ram-Bit. This might just be the fix I am looking for!
    Thank you.

Best regards, Scott

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey scotty3times, don't suppose you took a picture of the pipe that goes into the bottom of the spa.

I have a spa with pvc adapter in the middle, but no pipe (previous owner had the pool installed/etc) And i'm wondering what it would take to make one. Don't know if it's just a pipe, or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck