New Water questions

Hi everyone!

We just re-filled and am taking tests for the 1st time. Here are the results:

FC: .5
CC: 0
PH: 7.5
TA: 120
CYA: 0

Now, I know I need CYA (the pool is covered all day, every day w/ an automatic cover). I clearly need Chlorine as well. I will not be able to get CYA into the pool until tomorrow afternoon.

Question is do I add bleach now? It is kind of hard to figure out what my goal is with 0 CYA using the pool calculator.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

If it is cloudy, or you have high CC, or you see algae.

Being that it is a new fill, if you keep the FC at the recommended levels, you should not need to go through the shock PROCESS.

Really....well that is excellent news! I just sent my husband out w/ 12oz of 12%, which according to the pool calculator should get me to the right level. I will add CYA after work tomorrow. The pool guys left us all of this liquid chlorine, so I figure I will use that 1st.

Now, I am going to research leaks. My husband thinks it may be the pipes, which does not sound good at all.

Nothing is ever simple, it seems.

This site is really great. It has really helped me a ton & your responses are really appreciated. Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.