Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: high/low salt alarm

1. Back To Top    #1

high/low salt alarm

I got my new pool up this year with the intex salt water system. The manual lists the ideal ppm for the system, but I would also like to know what the low and high limits are. Has anyone found, or fugured this out? I would prefer to be able to keep my level within the limits by frequent testing and not waiting till an alarm hits to act.
    Intex 8000 gallon
    above ground 1224
    Sand filter SWG
    N.E. Ohio

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: high/low salt alarm

Welcome to tfp, DFrock

I have never seen actual specifications for the intex other than the "ideal" range of 2500-3500. My intex has been throughout that range without error (right now I am at ~2300 ppm).

I don't think you need to worry much about the salt level, since it should only change due to leaks and splashout. I typically go the whole summer with no low or high salt errors.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.