Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Intex SWG Is Leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

My Intex SWG Is Leaking

The cells that make the chlorine are in a short section of clear tubing. It is leaking where this section connects to the main part of the generator. I tightened the clamp on it down as much as I could but it still leaks. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Intex SWG Is Leaking

first guess is o-ring needs replaced
    John Rogers
    24 foot above ground, 13500 gallon, Hayward Power-Flo LX (70 GPM) with 1.5 HP Motor, 18 inch Pentair Sand Filter , Chlorine

3. Back To Top    #3

That seems likely. Any idea what size it is? I'd like to have it on-hand when I take the generator out. I can't find much on parts descriptions for the generator. Right now I don't have a way to by-pass it so the pump has to be off. Although maybe I should add a by-pass some day.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

4. Back To Top    #4

i have no clue as to what size it can be..Sorry
    John Rogers
    24 foot above ground, 13500 gallon, Hayward Power-Flo LX (70 GPM) with 1.5 HP Motor, 18 inch Pentair Sand Filter , Chlorine

5. Back To Top    #5

Do you still have the manual? Is so, it should tell you in it. If not, maybe Intex website. If that doesn't work, let me know, I've still got my manual.....somewhere.
    Intex Ultra 16x48
    Intex 2650 Sand Filter
    Installed June 2, 2012