Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG - Am I doing this right?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG - Am I doing this right?

I am just needing some direction/reassurance that I am on the right track with my SWG/pump run time.

I have read the previous posts and it seems to be do whatever makes your pool happy which I understand but I am still wanting to be sure that I am running things correctly.

Latest results:
    FC 4
    CC 0
    CH100
    TA 70
    pH 7.6
    CYA 60
    Salt 3500 ppm
    Water Temp 80

I am running pressure side cleaner at a higher rpm for about 2 hours in the morning without SWG (filter/pump off). Then I am running filter/pump at 1000 rpm from 1 - 7 in the afternoon. My SWG is set at 20% as a higher setting was producing too much FC. My water is clear and pool stays fairly free of debris even though we have trees all around. Do I need to break up the afternoon run time? Sun is on pool in stages from around 9 - 6.

Since being a first time pool owner, I am still a little afraid I am going to do something wrong and have to go through the shock process and I am determined to keep the pool balanced so I will not have to do that! After all, if the pool girl ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG - Am I doing this right?

Looks like you are doing great.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SWG - Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by ping
    Looks like you are doing great.
    I sure do hope so. Every time I read the posts about algae and clearing up the "green swamp", I shudder.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.