Confusion with s244t

Jun 17, 2013
Split and merged by moderator. Please keep your similar questions in your own thread. Thanks, jblizzle

I have the same Hayward s244t, but it won't run anymore. It tries, buzzes, then clicks off in a few seconds. Can some 1 point me in the direction of this question or an accurate run through please?
Thanks, Hay

Isn't the s244t a sand filter? The problem sounds more like an issue with your pump.

Anyway I have no pump failure experience. Someone will be along with a few generic things to try with your pump. I would just recommend you post the model number of the pump (and the entire specs for your pool if possible).

Bama, I can repair & replace things myself, thank you. Mass, it is a sand filter, but the pump # plate is deteriorated. Your both correct. Listening more carefully I noticed the buzz is from the pump. Between the pump & circuit is an on/off safety/test button box. Has a yellow button labeled test & a red button labeled reset. The test button is stuck in & the reset pops out instantly. It sounds like the pump is trying hard to turn on. Could there be debris like a long grass wrapped around the pump motor or something stuck in it keeping it from turning, thus shorting the test/reset buttons? Basically I'm asking if I should replace the test/reset box, or try to clean out the motor 1st?

That sounds like a gfci with the test and reset buttons. The first thing you need to fix is the gfci. The test buttom trips it and if it's stuck in the unit won't reset.

You can pull the back cover off the motor and see if you can turn the shaft of the motor. You might need a wrench to get it to turn. It should turn smoothly. If it turns, it's most likely the start capacitor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.