Bad opening this year.

Mar 24, 2010
I don't have a question. Just wanted to share my pool opening story this year.

My winter cover ended up with a hole in it somewhere. I kept trying to drain the green nasty water off the top, but my pool water kept dropping. We finally just scooped the leaves off and had to pull the cover and let all that nasty green stuff into the pool. It's taken me two days of vaccuming and running the filter constantly to get it clear. It's still a little cloudy, but I anticipate it to be clear tomorrow.

Working on getting the water stabilizer to 30 or so. It was almost non existent due to the winter draining and all the draining I was doing trying to get the green water off the cover.

I do have some liner staining. We have high levels of metals in our fill water. I'll give it another day and if my metal free product doesn't work, I'll start with the ascorbic acid. We've had this before when I fill and don't get the metal free stuff in before hand. It's been a crazy spring and things didn't get done in the normal order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.