Sandstone/Grey bottom in Seattle. Anyone have pics? Anyone?

dnakai

Jun 13, 2013
I posted previously and have hit our deadline. Being in Seattle we have major reservations about a grey bottom pool. But most images published on the web show a really pretty aqua/deep blue. Of course those are taken on pretty pool days, in a warmer location. We have an aggregate slab, so the earth tones and pebble grey background really compliment the surroundings. It think we're going to pull the trigger. Was just hoping someone would share their opinion about this color variation installed in the northwest. We are likely going with a Santa Cruz/Sandstone liner. The plastimayd website has samples. I've been trying and cannot upload m image. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 93 views on my other post and not one response :(

Re: Sandstone/Grey bottom in Seattle. Anyone have pics? Anyo

We are in Seattle and have a light grey gunite pool. The water is crystal clear and sparkles, but it is a rare day when it appears blue. We have an automatic cover, so unless we are using the pool, we just see the cover anyway. I'd second the above post and get what you like.

dnakai said:
I posted previously and have hit our deadline. Being in Seattle we have major reservations about a grey bottom pool. But most images published on the web show a really pretty aqua/deep blue. Of course those are taken on pretty pool days, in a warmer location. We have an aggregate slab, so the earth tones and pebble grey background really compliment the surroundings. It think we're going to pull the trigger. Was just hoping someone would share their opinion about this color variation installed in the northwest. We are likely going with a Santa Cruz/Sandstone liner. The plastimayd website has samples. I've been trying and cannot upload m image. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 93 views on my other post and not one response :(

I am one of the nerds who sometimes looks at view/ response ratios and it always amazes me how many look and say nothing.

As for this topic, I know you guys are cloudy up there a lot, but grey gives a nice crisp blue on sunny days. Not sure how tan would do up there however...don't have a feeling either way, sorry. I do know that sun/clouds/shade have a huge influence on water color. I want blue to blue green, but want it naturally. The blue liners or really blue plaster and pebbles sometimes look like "fake" blue to me, as if it is being forced to show the color. Hope that makes sense and wish you luck. Sorry I don't have more to offer.

Thanks for your response! I am in complete agreement with you on the blue liners appearing too fake and unnatural. More finished pool pics with an attached liner image online would certainly help, but they seem to be hard to come by.

Pool is still under construction, but here is a picture to give you an idea. As you can tell, it's not completely full yet, but the deep end is 8'.

1373338452.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.