still new and lost

Jul 12, 2012
Northwest Alabama
hey guys last year was pretty easy keeping up the pool sence it was new ......now that it has went through 1 winter in north alabama its still cloudy and it want clear up using my filter ...my readings from the tf100 kit are as follows TA=40....PH=a little less than 6.8 but its real close to 6.8.....and calcium hardness =60

CL=0(which i know how to fix)
CYA=0.........i know cya and cl go together but what would yall have the other numbers set at i have a 14-48 ultra frame intex ....once i get my water clearer i will be adding salt for my swg

thanks for the help
Chris

To clear it, you need the shock process.

I'd use borax to raise pH a notch. List 6.8 now, aim for 7.4 That will also raise TA a little. CH doesn't matter to a vinyl pool, so ignore it. http://www.poolcalculator.com/

While the Borax is dispersing, measure out enough CYA to get you to 30, tie it up in a sock and suspend it in the pool in front of the return.

Recheck pH. If it's at least 7.2 but less than 7.8, go!.

Raise FC to 13 and keep it there by replenishing the bleach every couple hours. Don't forget to brush the walls, and drag out as much organic debris as you can, if there is any on the bottom. You can ignore everything but FC and CC while you're up there at 13 FC.

And post pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.