Trouble installing overlap liner

May 18, 2013
Cedar Creek, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
:| I hope someone is out there who can help. This project has been a nightmare from the word "go". At any rate, we finally got our wall up and unrolled our liner and it had a split in the seam. Fortunately, we were able to find a place that was still open 45 minutes away (on a Saturday evening) and got a new liner. Tried installing Saturday night so that the pool would not be empty. Spent hours and could not get it over the one edge (overlap). Took it all down yesterday, folded in the sides and pulled the bottom oval out to all edges and then attempted to rehang. It looked good at first (better anyway) and we had all edges up, but it still pulls on one side. We thought that maybe if we started filling it, it would fix itself. It didn't. Now the side of the pool where it is taught is caving inwards. I can't put more water in because it will collapse inwards and I can't empty it because we're expecting wind gusts of 14 mph this afternoon that have thus far taken the pool out of it's tracks on numerous occasions. Do I need to take down the whole pool and start from scratch? My husband and I have thus far spent over 50 hours just trying to install the pool. I'm trying to upload some images now.

The sun is your friend here. Installing a liner at night is almost impossible since the liner needs to warm up and stretch. My guess is if you get good sun today, the install will go much better. Are you installing an expandable liner (does your pool have a deep section)?

If you are concerned about your walls, some people have anchored them by placing metal stakes (poles) around the perimeter and attaching the wall to that temporarily using clamps.

Thanks. When we tried Saturday evening, the temp was about 88. When we tried again yesterday afternoon, it had been sitting in 95 degree heat for hours and was very pliable. I'm still working on uploading the images. That might help. Most of our curved uprights have string tied through them and then attached to a stake in the ground. Naturally, the one that is caving in is the one that isn't tied. My concern is, if we tie it back and then continue to fill the pool, I'm afraid the pressure of the water is going to kick the pool out of the track and allow the wall to collapse anyway. I'm not sure why, when we laid it flat, it seemed to reach all corners but once we started to hang, I can't get it more than 8 inches from the one corner. This is so unbelievably frustrating. Unfortunately, we fired the only 2 installers in our area so we're stuck. :(

No, I certainly don't want to share my login/password! Obviously, I'm not very tech savvy. Is there a way to post pictures aside from copy and paste? Perhaps an upload option (like social media websites?) Anyway, I actually found someone today who will come out and install my pool liner. I think he said $525. It's well worth the price if he can get it right! He's been doing it for over 40 years so I'm counting on his experience. Say a prayer for me! I still will post my pics and the outcome for anyone facing this issue in the future. Surely I can't be the first one! : )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.