Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Storing pool floats / toys during the summer.

1. Back To Top    #1

Storing pool floats / toys during the summer.

Hello ~

I wondered how you store your pool floats / toys during the summer. We bought an expensive cart on wheels, however we need something else with more room.

I would to any suggestions please.

Thank you so much!
    AG Vinyl Intex Easy Set 15' x 48" 3,736 Gallon with Intex 1600 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Set

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Storing pool floats / toys during the summer.

Welcome to TFP!

We store ours in a shed along with seasonal patio furniture. Although we had ours built, there are several options of prefabricated sheds / storage structures available at the big box stores. What we did to help size things is lay out all your pool toys, floaters etc. on the ground and allow for stacking things as needed. This will give you some idea of the size needed. In our case, we needed a larger shed than we had originally thought since some of the patio furniture could not be stacked. You would hate to get something, put it together, and then discover it is too small.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

I built a large rack from 3/4 inch pvc covered it with plastic fencing and Hung it of the deck railing it is 5' wide 2 ' high and 6' deep hold 3 long rafts 4 toddler floats 2 medium inner tubes, 3 beach balls and upwards of 10 noodles.
    24' 52" Above Ground
    BBB
    LOVE TFP
    TF Test kits, Pool School, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

I did this. not sure if it would work for you or not:

toy-storage-on-agp-deck-t47397.html
    28 foot doughboy AGP, dug out to 5 foot, about 18,000 gallons
    1 1/2 HP pump and 100 lb sand filter
    South Central Pennsylvania

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the helpful posts!! We would love a shed, maybe next year when we can afford a decent size. Love the PVC idea! Wish my hubby was handy like that!!!
    AG Vinyl Intex Easy Set 15' x 48" 3,736 Gallon with Intex 1600 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Set

6. Back To Top    #6

I haven't switched the sheds around yet so taking the easy way out ~ I bought a huge tarp and bungees & I hook them to a fence ~ holds everything, even when it storms (the tarp makes a pocket and we load everything into there when not in use). We call it ugly but effective. It doesn't look real pretty, but it does the job for now until I can get the sheds sorted / deck style agreed upon and built.
    AGP: 27' x 52" : 17,500 gallon
    300 lb. Sand Filter (75 gpm) / 1.5 hp pump
    Full Sun ~ All Day

7. Back To Top    #7

We have a big rubbermaid deck box. the big ones are long enough for noodles and rafts.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden