Where is the best place for filter and pump

Jun 1, 2008
North Carolina
I am having my AGP installed on Thursday. The ground slopes downward about 30 inches from high side to low side. Where is the best place to put the filter and pump? Thanks so much for the help. I can't wait until I know enough that I can post answers to other people's questions.

Sounds like my neighbors yard. They put it on the low side, opposite the access point (ladder/deck area) as the pool installer will likely have to level your spot by digging down. So you are better off putting it on the low side, even tho it means walking around the pool to access the equipment.

Try to retain access from either direction. Ours can only be accessed from walking all the way around one direction of the pool and I regret that layout now. Wouldn't mind adding stairs from our deck down to the filter/pump.

middle or low?

The guy who graded the yard today said we should put it in the middle of the slope. I'm new to pool ownership and so I'm not sure exactly how the pump and filter work so I don't know if it would be better to have them high or low. Thanks for the help!

I assume that you will be building your deck on the high end and hopefully towards your house. Then I would suggest mounting your equipment with the same level as your pool base on the lower end. But if your PB decide on the mid end, it's fine too but you'll need to construct a house for them like a cave. The walls can be from concrete blocks and a concrete slab on top which could even act as part of decking. This way, you'll not hear a sound from your pump. The nearer to the pool the better for maximum flow and pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.