This is the the first year I have opened the pool since we moved in. Before we closed it last year, CYA levels were pretty high. I opened to a somewhat murky pool, but two gallons of shock got it crystal clear when I opened ast week. CYA was basically zero. We have had torrential rain the past week, so I just started putting granular CYA in the pool and attempted to shock this weekend. The pool is still crystal clear.
My last TF100 test was: FC 1; CC 9; CYA <20; pH 7.2;
Despite 6 gallons of shock this evening, FC doesn't seem to move and CC keeps rising. I've read this may be ammonia and that chlorine-free shock could be an option or TONS of bleach. What is the quickest solution to get the pool into a situation where I can get FC back? I'm having trouble finding how much chlorine-free shock I would need to rid myself of this issue, if that is a good solution. Also, how long after using that shock until I can get valid test results? Thanks.