TA and pH questions

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
so tested my pool for everything but CYA and pH about 30 minutes ago

FC - .5 -- shooting for 6 and with no CYA my 50 oz of bleach this morning is gone (no surprise) so i added 55 more per pool calc

pH - was 7.7 this a.m, went off that figure. starting to think maybe i should have retested (or at least posted here and asked!! :hammer: ) before i dealt with the next one:

TA - 60. shooting for 100 so added 48 oz of baking soda per pool calc

here is my question - at 7.7 pH pool calc says add 2.9 oz muratic acid. well, dont have any yet and pool store not open til tomorrow. (hate to drive 20 miles to nearest HD or Lowes for a bottle. dang walmart for not carrying it. :rant:

since i just added all that baking soda, and i noticed afterwards that pool calc notes that baking soda will increase pH as well as TA, is my pools pH gonna shoot through the roof by morning?

should i try to find some muratic acid or pH minus (i know its general opinion not to use that) or should i just chill and retest everything tomorrow morning?

thanks! about the time i think im getting the hang of this pool chemistry thing.... this happens. learning process i guess...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.