Here are my current numbers:
    FC 3
    CC .5
    TC 3.5
    PH 7.5
    TA 70
    CH 240
    CYA 25-30

I know I need to add my normal bleach, but I'm guessing I need to go ahead and bump my CYA a bit. We've had a TON of rain in the past month. Should I also bump the TA and CH numbers as well? They seem a bit low for "normal" numbers? If so, after adding bleach, which step should be done next? In what order? Thanks for the awesome site and advice, as always!
    15 K gallons
    Gunnite
    Centurion Pump/Hayward Sand Filter
    Polaris 360 Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suggestions please...

I'd just worry about CYA and FC.

The CH and TA you have are okay, and since they got there from your tap water, they'll climb soon enough when you start refilling due to evaporation. If you get another massive rainfall, my advice may change.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Great! I've got some powdered shock (it says dichlor) left from my BAD days of high CYA....can I use that to raise my CYA understanding it will lower my PH a bit?
    15 K gallons
    Gunnite
    Centurion Pump/Hayward Sand Filter
    Polaris 360 Robot

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kwhyde
    Great! I've got some powdered shock (it says dichlor) left from my BAD days of high CYA....can I use that to raise my CYA understanding it will lower my PH a bit?
    Yes. And if you use Effects of Adding Chemicals in the pool calculator, you can predict how much it will affect things so you don;t go over.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!