Hayward sp0710x62 multiport valve

Jun 16, 2013
Hello everyone. Just registered today and this is my first post. Hopefully someone can give me a little insight on a problem I am having. After opening the pool this year, I noticed I was losing a lot of water every day (1-2" per day) I was afraid I had a leak in a pipe, but never had any soft spots in the yard. Then one day, it just stopped, and everything was fine. I vacuumed yesterday (to waste) and after going back to filtration on my valve, it started again. My wife suggested that I check the spider gasket in the valve. Well, it is pretty shot, and I am having a hard time getting it out because whoever put it in, glued the entire thing down. My problem is that while trying to get it out, I broke a piece off of one of the 'spoke' channels that the gasket sits in. I am afraid that this will cause it to leak and continue my problem. If it does leak, can you just buy the piece that the gasket sits on, or do you have to replace the entire piece? I am pretty new to pools and I am learning as I go, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Kevin

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

I just found mine leaking to waste yesterday as well, although I think the problem was some debris keeping it from sealing. It was held in place with silicone which was easily removed. I just put the gasket back with no "glue" and the leak is gone ... although I may have to revisit this the next time I actually need to turn the valve.

You may find that a new gasket will work ... either if you glue it or not. Either way, you just need to make sure you turn the pump off when turning the valve and you may only want to turn it in the direction so that the spoke will not be pushed to the side the as broken.

If that does not work, I think you would have to replace the entire thing.

Thanks for the info Jason. I replaced the gasket yesterday and so far so good. My wife and I decided to turn it only 1 way, and in a direction that the gasket would not go towards the broken piece, so hopefully that will work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.