Inherited an Aquabot.

Jun 5, 2013
Sadly, after 20 years of me enjoying it, my grandparents filled in their IG pool. The grandchildren were grown, the pool saw little use, and they were tired of caring for it.

Anyhow, I was the only one with a pool, so I was invited to raid the pool supplies.

adatehep.jpg

yjadezy7.jpg

There was this Aquabot, whose status was unknown. My granddad recently passed, he was the one who cared for the pool. Anyhow, I noticed the filter was missing, but tried it to see if it did anything as Amazon reviews for the not claim they're nothing but trouble.

It immediately started pumping large amounts of water up through its spout and began crawling along the bottom. This seems encouraging to try to find a lid and filter and try it out.

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1288251660

Does this appear to be a suitable lid? I know nothing about Aquabots or the various models and differences. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

I've had about four Aquabots now over 10+ years. They work great if properly maintained. However they are expensive to maintain. The motor is usually the first to go and it is usually cheaper to get a new unit than to replace the old motor. The new units also have a four year warranty now. So the fact that your unit's motor is working is a plus. That looks like one I had about four years ago and it looks like the lid would fit. I would measure your opening and ask a question to the seller on its size You will also need a filter bag. Also check your belts, brushes, and drive tracks you may need new ones. I usually use Aquatics Distributors out of New Jersey for all of my parts, repairs, and new units. They are authorized dealers and service center and I have always had great service. They also take trade ins.

Ordered the above eBay item, we'll see how it works. Ebay has a lot of listings for 'Tomcat' filter bags for the Aquabot, looks like mine should take a 8100 or 8200 depending on if I want a fine or mesh filter. I often have dirt/sand in my pool, I would think a fine filter would be preferred to try to nab this up. If nobody objects to the Tomcat filters, I may grab up one of those as well and let you know how the Aquabot does!

Just curious how your Aquabot is doing ...

I had the same model and just this year replaced it with an Aquabot Turbo.

I live in NJ, and when I brought the 'old' Aquabot into the Aquabot factory in Cedar Grove for service, they managed to talk me into buying a refurbished Turbo instead of repairing the old unit... The work it needed made the "new" refurb worth the money.

Anywho - I still have an old bottom plate for the original Aquabot, and probably some other (used) parts as well if I check my deck box. I'd be happy to send them all to you for the cost of shipping. Just send me a private message here if you'd like them.

Good luck - the Aquabot does a FANTASTIC job cleaning my (vinyl liner) pool. Really, really great - I can't recommend it enough. The pool sparkles when it's done!

Bot cleans like a champ. Typically takes 2hrs plus to do a complete job, and doesn't always get the nooks near the wall creases, but considering I have yet to touch the vacuum since using the Bot and have never had a pool so clean, I'm very happy to have it.

Did walk out yesterday to find it spinning in circles. One of the tracks popped out of the end rail, then the Bot canobolized itself and ate the track bushing. Not sure what caused this, I got it back assembled but have yet to run it again. The top middle bushing on that side appears born compared to the other side, not sure if that may have caused the issue. Will pay attention to it next cycle. Overall we're having a great pool season thanks in large part to our new Bot.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.