Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone use or try Purity Pools OS Spot Stain Remover

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Ashford, CT

Anyone use or try Purity Pools OS Spot Stain Remover

Anyone use or try one of these.

Purity Pool OS Out Spot Stain Remover

The Out Spot is a self-contained underwater stain remover. The cup holds about a cup of muriatic acid. Once filled and connected to a standard pool maintenance pole, the Out Spot can be lowered down to the pool surface and placed on top of a stain. Since acid is heavier than water, the acid seeps through the pad (slowly diluting, so go for the worst stains first!) over a period of about 20 minutes. Most stains are gone in seconds! ... 1438.l2649
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro

2. Back To Top    #2

Austin, TX

Re: Anyone use or try Purity Pools OS Spot Stain Remover

I purchased one a couple of months ago to treat a few stains on the floor and stairs of my pool and it works pretty well. The only issues I have with it - and they're minor - are that it needs to be re-filled after about 5 minutes, not 20 as the description says.

Second, its relatively small and will take a long time to clear up a large stain (but then again, its a "spot" remover). And lastly, because its rigid, it doesn't work well on curved contours like stairs or where the pool wall meets the floor.

Other than that, its well made and I'm very happy with it.
    13,500 Gallon Plaster IGP
    Hot Tub w/Waterfall
    Aqua Rite SWCG
    A.O. Smith 1.5HP Motor
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Polaris 280 with Hayward 3/4HP Booster Pump