Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY solar cover hanger for intex

1. Back To Top    #1

Baltimore, Maryland

DIY solar cover hanger for intex

I purchased a solar cover for my pool this year, the kids like the cold water, me and the wife not so much.

I searched on here for some ideas, I recall seeing a few but unable to find them now.

a simple hanger made from PVC and attached to the legs should do the trick.

looking for some visual aide if anyone has some that would like to share!

15'x4' Metal Frame Intex (new this year) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

2. Back To Top    #2

Augusta, Kansas

Re: DIY solar cover hanger for intex

I found and had book marked this one my-16x48-ultra-frame-up-and-ready-to-go-t46201.html

We haven't built it yet but my husband said it was very doable.

15,000 salty gallons - 32' x 16' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll try to get a couple pics when I get home tonight. I use the cover that came with my Intex 18x9 during the day. We live in an area that frequently gets dust storms this time of year so it helps keep the pool clean and works as a solar cover. I roll the cover up on a piece of PVC pipe. On one end of the pool I use a couple of these rubber pipe couplers and some "garage hangers" to store the cover.

To use the couplers, unscrew both clamps completely and remove them. Using a utility knife, or heavy scissors, cut the rubber coupler, on the long side. Drill a hole in the rubber, in the center of the coupler, and attach it to the hanger with a small screw and washer. Slip the assembly over the pool leg and reassemble the clamp over it. I also put the lower clamp over the bottom of the hanger. The rubber keeps it secure to the leg without any drilling and it's completely removable.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4