Got Duped On A Hose?

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Bought a swimline 100ft backwash hose on eBay. I've never had a backwash hose before but this is definitely not what I thought it would be like. The ad called it "heavy duty" and this is a cheap, translucent plastic sheath! I couldn't even get it on the pipe (correct size) without getting it all ripped up. I already created a claim to return it on ebay, but take a look at it. This thing wouldn't have lasted past one backwash, if that, right??

2013-06-15193304.jpg

Go to your local hardware store or rental place, ask if they ever sell thier used pump hoses.
I bought a 50ft long, 2 inch hose that has the threaded ends for $20.00 at my local Water's True Value Rental desk.
The guy said he had about 25 hoses of different size and lengths in the back that they have had for years. I got my pick of the bunch. Went home and glued a PVC threaded male collar on my waste pipe. No issues with needing to clamp it or worry about it staying on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.