Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie from Palos Heights, IL

1. Back To Top    #1

Palos Heights, IL

Newbie from Palos Heights, IL

Found the website today and even managed to find a new Pool person in the process(thanks Frustratedpoolmom for the help) to help get me on track. 24' round above ground about 48" or so deep. Had(and I emphasize HAD, currently laying in the yard disconnected) the pool frog which to me seemed an expensive P.O.S. to operate. trying the BBB method for now and will be getting a test kit asap when funds let me.. Might take the frog to work, I work at a gun range and am curious how it would withstand a few (more info on the pool, sand filter unknown size or make, possibly a hayward pump but will dbl check and update sig when I do)
    24' abg approx 48" deep. Sand filter(unknown brand) possibly hayward pump..details to be corrected later..Sunsetter hot tub approx 7'x7'x40"

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Newbie from Palos Heights, IL

Welcome to tfp, kevin134

Quote Originally Posted by kevin134
    Might take the frog to work, I work at a gun range and am curious how it would withstand a few
    Let us know how that may have other people wanting you to take out their frogs too.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: Newbie from Palos Heights, IL

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.