cloudy water!!!

SJ

Jun 3, 2008

My pool was uncovered all winter and we started getting it ready about a week ago. I think I need serious help because I think I have done any and everything to get it ready. The water is so cloudy :( We have above ground, sand filter. We had serious green algae, but now see nothing in our water at all. We have shocked and chlorinated about a million times. Also used algae treatment, changed sand in filter, swept and brushed everyday for hours. Our chlorine reading was still VERY low. We then resorted to Clorox. We poured 10 gallons in the pool. From the window the pool looks great, blue and no debris. But when you get close it is so milky, the bottom is not visible. Oh yeah, now our chlorine is testing extremely high, still cloudy! Please help, we really want to swim.
SJ

Welcome to TFP!

It can take the filter up to a week to clear the water after all the algae is dead. Keep an eye on the filter and backwash/clean it as needed. While that is happening you need to keep the chlorine level high just in case you didn't get all of the algae.

Do you have a test kit? If so please post your test numbers. If you don't already have a good test kit, you should think about getting a top quality test kit like the ones from TF Test Kits. The Taylor K-2006 is also good. There is no better investment in your pool than a good test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.