Just moved to a house with a pool..... New liner, everything's going great. I have some very general maintenance questions that I simply don't want to ask the person that installed it as ill spend weeks picking up more cigarette butts and hours talking and my questions still unanswered.
I ordered the water kit test, recommended here thank you very much. Water is clear, everything's great.
My goofy questions are:
1. Do you turn the pump off to move it to other settings?
2. Backwash.... I know this is a weekly thing in the beginning, and you let it go until the water in the .... Visible part.... is clear, then do you rinse? If so how long? Is the pump on for back washing or is it a gravity fed thing? (Yeah sorry if its a dumb question, but I don't know and don't want to screw anything up).
3. I don't see a pressure gauge on my pump, are they pretty simple to install? I know I need one.
4. Do I need to turn any valve before cleaning out the filter housing on the pump? In this case I know to actually cut the power first
5. Why do all the little frogs I'm killing by accident have all their little legs sticking straight out? (Just kidding on this one... I did order some stairs for the little guys to save themselves though)
6. Is it possible to get wrinkles out of liners?
7. Is there any benefit in getting the second pump, the one that goes to an automatic vacuum, working? So far I'm ok with manual vacuuming early before the sun gets to me. Does it get more difficult than this or is it just the neverending concept that lead people towards automation?
I did read through all of the pool school articles but I'm still a few days from starting with the chemical side while waiting on my kit. Thanks for all of the advice there, I really appreciate the advice by the experts