To intellichlor or not to.....

whoozer

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2008
Acton Maine
So I have read a lot of threads and I was just wondering if the kinks have been worked out of the intellichlor systems??

I bought the PS8 automation system and it is about 700$ cheaper if I go with the intellichlor instead of using a pool pilot. Any thoughts or warnings would help me bite the bullet or not thanks.

I've had an Intellichlor going now for about 3? or 4? weeks...so far I LOVE it. I'm running my pump about 10-11 hours/day and with the Intellichlor on 20% or 40% it's keeping the FC in Pentair's recommended range. Hopefully it won't spaz out like some of the Intellichlors I've read about, but it couldn't be easier to use, IMO.

Yeah it would be so easy going with the intellichlor but I was worried from older posts people had alot of complaints. I just still cannot decide but this pool is eating my wallet quickly and DH wants it to stop :oops: Just trying to weigh if it is worth it or not. Is the warranty only 1 year?

I have had an Intellichlor IC40 for 2 months now and just love it. I have not had to add any chemicals other than muriatic acid about once a week. I read a lot of the posts about premature failure with some of the earlier units. I hope Pentair has corrected the problem. If not their warranty replacement seems to be pretty good.

The funny thing is the folks at the local small town IGA grocery keep asking "What no bleach today?" I just laugh and tell them I am on the wagon now!

whoozer said:
Yeah it would be so easy going with the intellichlor but I was worried from older posts people had alot of complaints. I just still cannot decide but this pool is eating my wallet quickly and DH wants it to stop :oops: Just trying to weigh if it is worth it or not. Is the warranty only 1 year?
I have had mine for 1 and 1/2 years. The first one had many bugs in the software. They (Pentair service) replaced it in the fall. Now I have discovered that it is not detecting water flow and thus not chlorinating my pool My PB is the worst so he will not do anything. I will have to say I have been VERY happy with the Pentair guys helping me directly. The field guy is sending me a new one tomorrow so it will be my 3rd one. :cry: But I have only paid for one.
Cheers,
Dwight

whoozer said:
I bought the PS8 automation system and it is about 700$ cheaper if I go with the intellichlor instead of using a pool pilot.
Is there are reason that you don't want to go with the Goldline salt option? the PS-8 IS a controller for the turbo cell. All you need is the cell and the flow switch! (In other words it IS a SWG once you add the cell!) I have this same system and it works well and is much easier than trying to interface a separate SWG controller, although it can be done.

Edit: never mind, just read in your sig that you have an EasyTouch and not a PS-8.

Yeah sorry waterbear I didn't realize the typo there. I have the 8p easytouch adding the intellichlor is just as easy as that goldline but I am trying to decide if it is worth it as there have been alot of issues with the intellichlor.

I had to have mine replaced once due to salt sensing levels, but other than that I'm very happy with it. I'm in southern AZ with lots of sun and keep my FC at 4.0 with a 9 hour pump runtime and a 30% setting on my cell.

Just so you know, not all easytouch systems are SWCG ready. There is a model that comes with the salt cell power transformer built in, but if your's doesn't have that option then you'll need the external power box as well as the cell to work with your easytouch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.