vacuuming does and don't

Hi,

I didn't find a section about vacuuming does and don't in the pool school.

I am wondering when you need to vacuum in draining mode versus filter mode. This is my first season with a pool and from now on I was vacuuming only in drain mode but I realised I'maybe loosing too much precious chemicals doing so. On the other hand I don't want to clog my sand filter... What are your advices regarding this matter?

Normally vacuum in filter mode. If the is a lot of debris then vacuum to waste. Best to get up what you can with a leaf net first then vacuum. Vacuum is for fine stuff you can't get with a net.

Leaf net first, then Vacuum.

I manage just fine without even having the option of vacuuming to waste. No multiport on my setup.

If you're trying to suck up a compost pile in a green sludge pond, then vacuuming to waste makes sense. But for a well-maintained pool with regular cleaning, you'll mostly just need to empty the leaves and acorns and whatever out of the basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.