Waiting a week to test CYA ?

Just because it is out of the sock, does not mean that the dissolving is done ... I think there is still a chemical transformation that takes some time.

What is the hurry to test? Just assume it is at your target level.

jblizzle said:
Just because it is out of the sock, does not mean that the dissolving is done ... I think there is still a chemical transformation that takes some time.

What is the hurry to test? Just assume it is at your target level.

I know I sound like I'm in a hurry but my cya is at 10 and I'm going through the bleach faster than I think I should.

I put in almost a gal. At night and the next night it's gone. No swimmers , today was the first day it got to 80 and I keep it clean. Pump runs 8 hrs a day.

I just think my cya is to low and the bleach just doesn't last, heck when I do the test , no color at all, clear as it can be.

Also my water is Gin clear the best it's ever been.

There's nothing wrong with my testing because a couple hrs after the bleach has been added she test fine.( I did that as a check)

Jason, I have about 20 3" pucks left from last year. I have 3 in the clorinator now.

The funny thing is I started the yr with cya @120 , drained 2/3 and was fine.

Then we had 3 big rain storms with one raining 4 in. So I was constantly taking more water out.

Now I'm at 10 and to low. Also last week I used stain free to lift some stains and before I did that I let the chlorine drop to O. Then treated the pool , stains gone and now just to low cya.

I also use an algacide when I lower the chlorine for the stain free.

Then your CYA level is somewhere around 10, maybe a bit lower. The CYA test won't measure levels that low. Also, there is no need to wait a week to test unless you added granular CYA. Liquid stabilizer, dichlor, and trichlor all register on the CYA test within an hour or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.