What can I say...IT WORKS

WhoaTed

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2012
Holland, MI, USA
First I will admit that I am THE guy who will try anything if it will make things easier. After spending 10 years with spending time and $$$ on chemicals to maintain "real good" pool water I found this site last fall, read up on BBB and launched into it at opening this spring. I'm generally not very patient so I heeded the warnings that it could take a couple of months to get excellent results. A bleach shock and washing soda got things dialed in pretty good, then pushed up the CYA with leftover trichlor pucks since the pool gets sunlight all day and chlorine use went down some, then tweaked the TA to where it's supposed to be...all in the first week. Pool looked real good. Went with borates the following week for feel and sparkle, then only had to tweak the rest of the balance with a bit of muriatic etc. Continued checking water balance daily for a week after, finding that the only thing changing was FC. No TC or heavy chlorine smell present since the first week tells me nothing's living in the water. This all took less than two weeks, the water looked and felt fabulous.

For the past three weeks I've settled into checking chlorine daily, PH every third day, everything else weekly...and have only had to add bleach late in the day when needed to keep appropriate FC. That's it. BBB works. Water has been absolutely clear, soft and sparkling for the past three weeks 24/7 without exception. No algae, no waterline scum, no issues. Now I'm thinking of setting up a peristaltic pump and dosing bleach out of a 15 gal. carboy into the blank port on my (now unused) puck doser, ha ha. Yeah, I've been reading those threads (re-read the first line in this message).

Huge thanks to everyone who gives their time and advice to this site...now where's that donation button?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.