Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Big thanks to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Big thanks to TFP

Hello all, I am a proud owner of a 27' round crystal clear trouble free pool thanks only to this site. I only wish I would have found this site prior to purchasing my pool from a store, live and learn. Thankfully I did join prior to the install, which was a nightmare, so I have not stepped back into the PS since. I purchased my TF-100 kit about a month before install and checked a hotels pool to get some practice in. The install was BS, the store used a sub contractor that took care of there customers first. After many angry calls I finally got the pool in and up. They wanted to send a crew over at 6:30pm, after a long day of installs, to finish mine. I would not allow it and told them that my village does not allow any construction after 7pm. I have not posted prior to today because I Have found all my questions answerd just by using the search here. So thank you very much .
    24' round AGP 17Kgal. TF 100, BBB method all the way

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Big thanks to TFP

Welcome to tfp, daa1275

Other than the install hassles, it sound like you are getting off to a good start
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum

I purchased my TF-100 kit about a month before install and checked a hotels pool to get some practice in.
    Love that
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome!

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

here is a few pic, the ladder in I had to build couldn't find a proper one
    attachment=0]picture007.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0:1lh8p38o]picture011.jpg[/attachment:1lh8p38o]
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

Great job on those stairs!

7. Back To Top    #7

We didn't pay attention to the entry stairs when we bought the pool. We did tell the salesperson that we needed sturdy stairs for our rather LARGE family, but the ones we got bent with a child on them. I called the PS and our wonderful sales person told us that they didn't have a more sturdy step unless we wanted to purchase a deck from them. I am not a carpenter at all. Thankfully Menards sells treated pre cut stringers or I would have failed. The water condition has been going good due to this site. My test today was
    FC 2.5
    PH 7.5
    CC 0
    CYA 40
    CH 110
    TA 230

8. Back To Top    #8

FC 2.5
    With 40 CYA, maintain FC between 3 and 7, and never below 3.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

I should have mentioned that I did bump the FC to 5.5 prior to swimming.