Need to determine how much salt to put into my pool!

May 31, 2013
St.Louis, MO
Hey everyone,

I have a Polaris Auto Clear system. My house was a foreclosure so I have no manual to it. I'm going to run outside and do a salt test and see if I can find a better number to look up but I havent found a manual online for it. The last time a took a quick look with google, It was bringing up a different looking model. Any help is appreciated.

cRJ4VlD.jpg

vuMiDnL.jpg

This looks like the entire system here

http://www.saltcells.com/autoclear-stan ... p-415.html

Found other info... but no manual hmm

You can search online for the manual which will tell you what the codes mean (I pasted the info below for the codes). I don't remember which web site I used, but I did find the manual. The cell will be on (green lite on) based on the number of hours you set the cell to be on. You can use the UP or DOWN arrows on the display to set the time. The cell is turned on/off by the flow switch when the pump starts. (When the pump is turned on and if there is sufficient flow through the cell, the flow switch will shut, which will allow the cell to be turned on. The cell is on for: 1) the number of hours you set, or 2) until the pump turns off and the flow switch opens causing the cell to be deenergized.) When you test the system, you should have a 90 at the end. This means you have sufficient flow and enough salt. If you have low flow (92), consider taking your cell out and clean the cell. It might be clogged with grass. If you suspect your flow switch is bad, someone with electrical troubleshooting knowledge can determine if you flow switch if functioning properly.
{I am not an expert in this subject, but a homeowner who has learned a lot!}
Good luck.

[In normal operation, the controller runs on a 24-hour
timer. Power is supplied to the cell for the preset run
time, then disabled for the remainder of the 24-hour
period. Press the Up or Down button once to
display the current run time and again to adjust it.
The Low Salt light will flash if a low salt condition is
detected. Test the pool water for the salt concentration
and adjust as necessary. If the light stays lit, a problem
condition exists. Refer to the Troubleshooting section.

Press the Test button to review the unit’s current
operational readings. The screen will flash an LED test
(88), then display the amperage (with decimal point), the
voltage (no decimal) and the operational status code.
After correcting the condition, reset the light by pressing
the Test button.

Status Codes Definition
90 System OK
91 Low salt, cell needs cleaning or cell wire problem*
92 Insufficient flow, flow switch problem or pump microphone problem*
* See Troubleshooting section for fault resolution procedures.

Boosting Chlorine Production
If pool traffic is heavy or other demands require increased chlorine production, press the
Up and Down simultaneously to activate a continuous 24-hour run cycle. The pool
pump timer must be adjusted to run for 24 hours as well. At the end of the cycle, the
normal run time cycle will resume. To terminate the boost cycle, press the On/Off key.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.