on no, foam covered water!

zea3 said:
Hi, it should be ok but I have a couple of questions. Did you use plain, unscented bleach? Do you have a very green pool? Either of those can cause foaming.

Actually my pool was very clear, just the start of algae which i why i shocked with bleach. The chlorox was unscented (i believe) but i also put Waimarts no name brand because they didn't have enough Chlorox

Have you used algaecide or any other chemicals lately? 6 Bottles is alot of bleach! How high is your CYA? Also please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detatched).

zea3 said:
Have you used algaecide or any other chemicals lately? 6 Bottles is alot of bleach! How high is your CYA? Also please edit your signature to include information about the pool such as pool type (above ground or in ground), surface (vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass), size in gallons, pump brand and horsepower, filter type (sand, DE, or cartridge), filter brand and size, and any water features, cleaning systems, and if there is a spa (attached or detatched).

my CYA is 40, i put 6 bottles in and the FC went from 4ish to 18 , i think shock level should be 20

16x36 plus 8x12 L shape vinyl inground

Foaming is most usually the result of adding something to the pool....usually something that it didn't need with cheap algaecide being the most common.

Regardless of the cause, the solution is the same....more chlorine. I would suggest elevating FC levels to twice normal, run the pump 24/7 and it should clear in a day or so.

duraleigh said:
Foaming is most usually the result of adding something to the pool....usually something that it didn't need with cheap algaecide being the most common.

Regardless of the cause, the solution is the same....more chlorine. I would suggest elevating FC levels to twice normal, run the pump 24/7 and it should clear in a day or so.

The surn burned it off, the pool was chrystal clear by 2 pm

Thanks for the responses.

BTW, next time i use bleach i will pour directly into skimmer rather then btoadcasting over pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mike Hunt said:
BTW, next time i use bleach i will pour directly into skimmer rather then btoadcasting over pool.

Do you ruin a lot of clothes? Because I would have bleach spots all over me if I did that!!! :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.