What happened to my pool...can it be saved?

QuiltinMom

Platinum Supporter
Mar 24, 2013
Central Iowa
Thursday evening we set up the pool walls. Friday was supposed to be a perfect day for working on the pool. DH took the day off so we could work on the pool. Sand was put in place and smoothed out. Pool walls were standing. Liner was put in and stretched out. We tried to pull the liner up on the walls but felt like it was pulling too hard on them and we were afraid it would pull the walls in. We decided to start filling the deep end while we were smoothing out the rest of the pool. We got as much water in it as our well would pump in to it. Only the deep end was full.

Last night we had rain and thunder storms (it was not in the forecast). There was not much wind. We checked it until we went to bed at midnight.

This morning here is what the pool looks like. What happened? It doesn't seem like wind would do this. Collspse thr wall inward in two different areas.

How bad do you think it is? Do you think it can be saved? We are so frustrated and feeling defeated. Don't know what to do.

Advice please.

I know, I know :nopic:, trying to attach photos, but can't get them, yet. I'll keep trying.

Trying to attach photos, can't get it to work.......

Attachments

• 2013-06-15 08.57.06_1_1.jpg
    2013-06-15 08.57.06_1_1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 2013-06-15 08.57.18_2_1.jpg
    2013-06-15 08.57.18_2_1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 366
  • 2013-06-15 08.57.41_3_1.jpg
    2013-06-15 08.57.41_3_1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 364
The biggest question is if the walls will fit back into the upper and lower tracks, i.e. can they be straightened out and if the liner got ripped or not.. Are your upright posts resting on concrete pavers or anything--I can't quite make it out.

It doesn't look like there are any serious creases in the metal. I am assuming the liner pulled off the walls overnight? You should be able to set the walls back up and re-attach the liner. You may need to drain some of the water if you are having a hard time getting the liner to fit. The warmer it is outside the easier the liner will stretch.

If you did not put concrete pavers under the uprights now is the time to do it.

There are pavers in place they were all placed with a laser transit and were perfect. They have not shifted as we had placed a couple of inches of dirt on and around them to lock them in place. There are no "Serious kinks" in the wall and the liner is undamaged. The top rail on one side is poking it but it has not been penetrated. We have removed the dirt around the bottom track on one side and it looks like it can be repaired.

Anyone????

There are some small kinks, but not too significant. We managed to get the pool walls back up and standing, but can not get them back in to the bottom rail. As soon as we get part of it in, then another part comes out.

At this point we have given up. We don't know what to do. We don't know if we need to start over and take the walls back down and try and re-set the bottom track or what.

Any thoughts? Do we need to start over? We have a phone call in to a pool company and they are going to come out next week and give us a bid to complete it for us. There are two holes punched in the liner fairly close to each other about 2" each. They are in the bottom of the pool. Can these be patched? There seems to be a lot of water underneath the pool liner now.

Please - any help you have to offer?

The liner can probably be patched. The bottom rail may have been knocked out of round when the wall came down. Your best bet is to take everything down and re-set the bottom track, then try to set the walls up again.

I've had this happen to me not once but twice and it's not fun. Start over and patch the liner. :|

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.