Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter cover ripped

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter cover ripped

My winter cover has a 9 - 10" rip right along a middle seam. It led to a lot of water being pumped out of my pool (posted about in the open/close forum) but that's another story.

Is this easy to repair or should I just buy another cover? The only thing I can think of to make it waterproof is that tape clothing companies use on the inside of outerwear.

Regards, Don
    24k gal (100k L) inground vinyl|Watermaid EZY SWG|Hayward 1/2 hp & sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter cover ripped

You are better off buying a new cover.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, z.
    Now how do I easily dispose of this giant, smelly piece of trash?
    24k gal (100k L) inground vinyl|Watermaid EZY SWG|Hayward 1/2 hp & sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

We had a limb come down and it went right through our pool cover. I bought some repair tape and it worked the first year really well. I should have replaced it the second year, as it starting coming off this past winter.

I think for a rip as long as yours, you will probably have to get a new cover. But if you're interesting in trying to repair it, this is the stuff we got (make sure to get the "heavy duty" one) which you can buy in a roll or by the foot:
    https://www.inlandtarp.com/vc/Accessori ... epair-Tape
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)