Pool dome

MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
Has anyone had any experience with the vinyl pool domes? With the leaves and fuzz from the poplar trees getting all over the solar cover I need to clean every day. The domes cost around $1000 but ebay might be cheaper but would I be wasting money? It's June 15 and we haven't had but a few days in the 80's all season so I was thinking maybe the dome would help heating plus keep the pool cleaner. Any advice would help.

From what I have seen the $1000 kind don't last very long. There are some good ones for several times that much, which is still quite a bit less than a screen enclosure.

Remember that for inflatable domes you also need to take into account the electrical costs for the blower.

Also, adding a dome essentially converts the pool to an indoor pool, which are a little more problematic to take care of. The UV from sunlight is a major help in preventing CC buildup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.