Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC level at 65????

1. Back To Top    #1

CC level at 65????

Ok, I thought I had this figured out but i'm not sure.

Testing this morning..

CL - 5
    PH - 7.0
    TA - 150
    CYA - 30
    CAL - 250
    CC - 65 (13 drops to change the color) x 0.5 = 65?

I added abt 32 oz of stabilizer two days ago when the level was at 20. It has came up to 30. That CC level tells me to shock. Is that correct?

All answers appreciated....truly...truly....truly
    St. Clair MI, 18,600 AG, Sand, Hayward Pro Series, Top-Mount, Model #S210T93S, 1+1/2-Horsepower Matrix Pump. Installed June-2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CC level at 65????

is it possible you grabbed the wrong bottle for the CC test?
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

You divide 13 by two. But still, I'd double check the bottles.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by crek31
    Re-testing...will post in a couple.
    St. Clair MI, 18,600 AG, Sand, Hayward Pro Series, Top-Mount, Model #S210T93S, 1+1/2-Horsepower Matrix Pump. Installed June-2013.

5. Back To Top    #5

You forgot a decimal between the two. I think you mean 6.5. I won't tell you to shock until you re-run, make sure you have the right results. Did you get thirteen drops on the first or second part of the test? How many on the first part?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh OK, we are posting at the same time.

I'll check back in a bit...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by crek31
    Ok 14 drops of the R0871, 5 drops of R0003....it is clear. That means I have no CC correct?

8. Back To Top    #8

Yep, 7.0 PPM FC 0.0 CC. Excellent! Your pH needs to come up a little, say to 7.5, but your FC/CC is nice.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup
    Yep, 7.0 PPM FC 0.0 CC. Excellent! Your pH needs to come up a little, say to 7.5, but your FC/CC is nice.
    Doing the happy dance!

Am I correct that Borax will raise the PH without raising the TA?

10. Back To Top    #10

You forgot a decimal between the two. I think you mean 6.5. I won't tell you to shock until you re-run, make sure you have the right results. Did you get thirteen drops on the first or second part of the test? How many on the first part?
    I did indeed! LOLOLOLOLOL

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by ghetohound
    Doing the happy dance!

Am I correct that Borax will raise the PH without raising the TA?
    Yup- use the pool calculator to determine how much but its prudent to use less than suggested and retest. You can add more if needed but you don't want to overshoot if you can avoid it.
    Sometimes folks aren't positive of how many gallons their pool actually holds so this practice of under-dosing at first helps you determine how accurate your volume is as well as avoiding any testing variables that might cause you to over treat by accident.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain