Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about adding chemicals??

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about adding chemicals??

Is it okay to add dry acid right after adding bleach or do I need to wait? If so how long? Also, I leave my pump filter running all day and night. Is that okay or should I only run it for 6 hrs which is what is recommended.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18x48, AG, 6,423 gallons, vinyl, Intex 635T cartridge filter pump - 1500 gph, No SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about adding chemicals??

Quote Originally Posted by ENCGirl
    Is it okay to add dry acid right after adding bleach or do I need to wait? If so how long? Also, I leave my pump filter running all day and night. Is that okay or should I only run it for 6 hrs which is what is recommended.
    Let things mix for thirty minutes between chemical additions. pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals

Here's an article that explains pump time pool-school/pump_run_time

[center:3tlesvoq][/center:3tlesvoq]
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Good idea to wait about 1/2 hour after the bleach.

Your pump has the timer on it, right? Set it for 4 hours, and turn it on in the AM about 15 min before you do your morning tests. Then again about 15 min before doing your evening tests. Just turn the switch to off then back to timer each time.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks again!!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18x48, AG, 6,423 gallons, vinyl, Intex 635T cartridge filter pump - 1500 gph, No SWG