HELP....Pump Not Priming

jobondur

Dec 13, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Walked outside today while the Polaris was running and the pump was sounding funny. I walked over and the pump basket had a decent amount of air in it, but it was pulling water trying to recover. I turned off the pump, cleaned out the skimmer baskets and the pump basket and then turned the pump back on. Only now it won't prime itself. It just sits there sucking air. I tried priming it with a bucket but that didn't seem to help. Also, it appears the suction lines aren't clogged because the water leaves the pump basket and enters the suction lines and goes into the pool when I'm priming the pump manually. I tried with the multi-valve in both filter mode and waste mode with no difference in results. Any ideas?

Figured it out. The pump housing gasket was pinched. New gasket for $7 and it's fixed.

Glad to hear your problem is resolved! How did you think to check that gasket? Did arrive there by process of elimination? Just curious bc I'm experiencing similar issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.