Ok new to the forum here and going in to my 3rd season of owning a pool. Please go easy on me as this is my first post. Going to be using the BBB method as I'm worried about my cya level. Ok here goes: I went to my local pool store this past Tuesday and my cya reading was 160, my TC was 10 and my FC was 8.5 so naturally I was told to add BioGuard shock. I've been using the BioGuard three step process of 3" chlorine tabs, shock and their inhibit algaecide but no more will I use these. My TA was 164 and my adjusted TA was 116. My PH was 7.6. I purchased a brand new Taylor K2006 test kit and ran these same tests. With this test kit my cya was well over 100 ( can't get exact number as the small comparator tube only goes to 100. My FC was 15 as I filled tube to 10ml and added powder so it turned pink and then it was a whopping 30 drops to get the water clear. I hope I did the math correct with the test. My CC was 1 so TC should be 16. Is my chlorine level so high because of my high CYA level? My PH was 7.6 with this test kit and my TA was 180-200. Looks like I need to drain water to get my cya down. Any other suggestions? Thanks for such a great site for pool owners and sorry to be so long winded.