Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New member from Las Vegas signing onto TFP. Hello Everybody!

1. Back To Top    #1

New member from Las Vegas signing onto TFP. Hello Everybody!

Greetings all,

I am fortunate to have found TFP and after much reading of the FAQs and numerous entries contained here I decided to take the jump and try the BBB method on the pool that we got with this house we purchased this past January. Pool has been running fine thus far on conventional pool store chemicals - but my CYA was high so I just finished a 3/4 water change and am ready to jump into a new and better way to maintain our pool.

Wife and I are optimistic about this BBB method of swimming pool maintenance and we are looking forward to much success with it. Being that we live just seven miles west of Las Vegas Blvd means we get plenty of heat out here in the summer and really are looking forward to enjoying our pool for many years to come. So a big hearty "Hello!" to all that are reading this!

Cadman9113 and the Wife are in our 50's, Las Vegas, NV.

Oh!
    *I can't seem to locate this handy Pool Calculator everyone keeps mentioning, anyone able to steer me in the right direction to where I can find it?

Cheers to all and to all a clear pool,
    ~Cadman89113
    SW Las Vegas, Nevada 10,294 Gal pool, 660 Gal attached spa - 10,949 Gal total. Plaster. 550 Series Hayward Cartridge filter w/ 550SqFt surface area. Flow rate 150GPH, 2.5 Hp single speed pump. Built 2005 with attached spa that sits higher than pool but is on same filtration system.
    I use TFTestkits , Pool Calculator , Pool School - Easy Peasy to do - and am VERY happy with my pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New member from Las Vegas signing onto TFP. Hello Everyb

Foxxx 40' x 20' Grecian In-Ground Vinyl Liner Pool, Hayward SP 1.5 HP pump, Hayward ProGrid DE6020 filter with Hayward SP0715XR50 6 position multiport valve, Hayward H-series Millivolt natural gas heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum

We'd love to see pics of the pool
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome cadman89113 and Wife! You are going to LOVE this site. If you don't have a test kit yet, snatch one up. I am absolutely spot on with my TF100 and Speedstir. Who'd a thunk sparkly water could be so easy!
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by AlexNesta
    Thank you for the guidance. My pool is on it's way to BBB'ing a true TFP!

~Cadman89113
    SW Las Vegas, Nevada 10,294 Gal pool, 660 Gal attached spa - 10,949 Gal total. Plaster. 550 Series Hayward Cartridge filter w/ 550SqFt surface area. Flow rate 150GPH, 2.5 Hp single speed pump. Built 2005 with attached spa that sits higher than pool but is on same filtration system.
    I use TFTestkits , Pool Calculator , Pool School - Easy Peasy to do - and am VERY happy with my pool!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Welcome to the forum

We'd love to see pics of the pool
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I will post pics this weekend.

~Cadman89113

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieO
    Welcome cadman89113 and Wife! You are going to LOVE this site. If you don't have a test kit yet, snatch one up. I am absolutely spot on with my TF100 and Speedstir. Who'd a thunk sparkly water could be so easy!
    'Thanks for the warm welcome DebbieO, I have the test kit and will be looking into the speedstir.
    ~Cadman89113