Done with green now a new question.

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
So I followed all advice and now have a beautiful pool. But still a bit of confusion. I tested 15 FC this morning passing the overnight test. 7 hours later I had dropped to 10 FC. If I lose chlorine that fast how will I ever keep up when I am within normal range? If I keep it at 5 FC I will lose it all while I am at work. I guess I don't get it.

passionsrlz said:
I added 28 ounces of cya. I also tested my FC it went from 10 to 7 in 8 1/2 hours. Is that normal? Should I perform the overnight test again or assume I am okay?
If CYA was low, rain splashed stuff in, and you only lost 3 in a day, I wouldn't worry. Just track it. If you start to lose 4, you can always raise it to shock level and get ahead of the green.

passionsrlz said:
Than you for relieving my stress. How often should I be checking the FC?

[center:3fp1y3t3]http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/basic_pool_care_schedule

file.php
[/center:3fp1y3t3]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I check my fc, cc , and pH every evening after the sun is off the pool and adjust as needed, I keep my cya at 50 and lose between 2 to 3 ppm fc throughout the day so my min fc is 4 and my target fc level is 6 so I dose my fc to 8 every evening so I never have to worry about it falling below my min fc of 4, thus NEVER had to shock my pool, BBB IS GREAT!!!,!!!

Thank you fast1971chevelle! I kind of needed a plan. Felt like I was floundering! That's exactly what I needed! I have gotten so used to testing all the time I feel like I am ignoring my pool. Petrified my FC is gonna drop to low. I need to trust the system in place.

it is according to what your cya is?????? never mind I see your cya is 30 I would not let it drop below 2 at any time, if it were my pool I would dose my fc to 6 in the evening after the sun is off the pool and check it again tomar at the same time and see what you lost in the 24 hour period. After a few weeks of this routine you will see a pattern of what your pool is consuming in fc and it will be even more simple. if you dose to 6 even though your min is 2 and your target fc is 4 for a cya of 30 and you dose to 6 ppm fc in the evening that gives you a 2 ppm buffer until you learn your pool needs and even at 6 ppm it is well below shock and safe to swim in

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.