How to Vacuum to waste due to Algae

SekiM

Apr 18, 2013
I have started to get a small algae problem in the pool but the liquid chlorine isnt killing it quick enough. I have bought some algaecide which I will be applying later and then tomorrow would like to vacuum the pool, but read the best thing to do is vacuum to waste.
I cant tell if the equipment I have is capable of doing this, there is a hose connected (see pic) but looking at that it seems like it is already hitting the filter before. Am I right? If so is there any other way to easily vacuum to waste or will it be a case brush walls, vacuum, clean filter repeat? The Cartridges in the hayward C3025 filter are only a couple of months old so know its not time to replace and the psi is only a couple above when I first put them in.

Apologies for the angle of the picture its hard to get a good clear pic as the fence at the side as so close to the equipment.

your guidance as ever will be appreciated.

Attachments

• pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 81
I don't think you have that option with that filter. You'd have to post a picture of the plumbing on the other side of the filter to be sure.

Algaecide is better at preventing algae than killing it. What you need is bleach, lots of it, and do the shock process. To do that effectively, you need your own test kit. pool-school/shocking_your_pool

[center:1myyo5i4]
file.php
[/center:1myyo5i4]

Ok thanks for the information. I also did stock up on liquid chrloine shock as read it is better to use if CYA is a little high. looks like I have a fun weekend ahead. off to pool school I go again for my refresher course...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.